Monday, October 31, 2011

Witch Parfumes


I find it very odd that I waited until I had an empty nest to go fairly far out with my Halloween decorating.  Maybe it is because while my boys were younger and into Halloween, I was busy making costumes or helping with school parties or the such and about all the decorating I had time to do was a few pumpkins and a sign or two.  And, of course, the Jack-O-Lantern carving tradition.
Now, both boys are away at college and mulling it over with myself, I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I have indulged myself in more elaborate decorations because of the lack of seasonal/holiday commitments I now lack as an empty nester.  


One of my projects this year were these witch potion or 'perfume' bottles I  made.  I found the clear bottles at Michaels for something like $1 each.  I had new Halloween rubber stamps (being an obsessive stamper/crafter) that I used along with some label die cuts to make the labels.

Next, I placed a couple drops of alcohol ink inside each bottle and then rolled the ink around and upside down to cover most of the bottle.  I had to play with the inks a bit to get the look I wanted.  Then, using my emboss dryer, I dried the ink a little more since some of the ink tended to pool in the bottom.  I Modgepodged the labels onto the outside of the bottles.  I really like the way they turned out.

Here you can see them with some of the other decor.  The entire display, which is in my foyer can be seen in a later post.   The spider webbing just completes the creepiness.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails